The Senior Systems Engineer (SSE) is a customer-focused technical sales professional that provides pre-sales consulting, technical guidance, and hands-on assistance to customers. The SSE teams recommend and design effective and appropriate customer solutions based on ITPS offerings.
The SSE acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in his field by the customers.
- Articulate the features and benefits of ITPS solutions and products.
- Understand the customer’s business drivers and how to map these to a ITPS solution.
- Provide technical leadership in the Requirements Discovery, Solution Development, and Solution Proposal stages of the opportunity sales cycle.
- Perform product demonstrations and presentations.
- Manage, monitor, and/or perform solution evaluations and Proofs-of-Concept in support of sales opportunities.
- Perform technical account management and act as an interface between the sales/pre-sales account teams and technical staff by monitoring and managing technical issues to the conclusion, including any required management escalations required to resolve technical issues.
- Perform technical implementation and lead the concerned teams to ensure the delivery of the projects by the standards of ITPS.
- Prepare the needed documentation and service delivery documents of the projects by the standards of ITPS.
- Has proven customer facing skills at both the C-level and line management level.
- Has experience working in public sector, preferably from both technical as well as presales perspective.
- be technically strong enough to establish credibility with technical leaders.
- Technical experience with virtualization technologies, data center consolidation, and/or server technologies is highly desirable.
- Hands-on, and “does what it takes” attitude to drive success.
- Team player with strong drive.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate professionally with vendors, customers.
- A structured thinker with strong presentation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans.
- Highest level of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- Travel may be required occasionally as needed but is not anticipated to be a significant percentage of time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5-7+ years’ experience in a customer facing technical role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent English communication skills (writing & verbal).
- Hands on experience in HCI Solutions like Nutanix.
- Experience with Storage Systems (EMC VNX, HP 3PAR, … etc).
- Experience with different virtualization solutions (HyperV, VMware, KVM).
- Experience with VDI Solutions.
- Experience with Systems Architecture and Design.
- Experience in enterprise environment (networks, workloads … etc).